Can you remain competitive if you don't effectively utlise internet marketing?
A digital marketing strategy is needed in order to provide a clear focused direction for the businesses online marketing activites so that they integrate with its other marketing activities and supports to overall business objectives.
Therefore, you digital marketing strategy should aim to:
- Provide future direction to digital marketing activities
- Involve analysis of the businesses external environment and internal resources
- Articulate digital marketing objectives and support marketing objectives
- Involve selection of strategic options to achieve digital marketing objectives and create a sustainable competitive advantage
- Include strategy formulation such as, segmentation, targeting and positioning and detailing the marketing mix
- Specify how resources will be deployed
Digitally Socialble we like to keep things simple and our planning process is effective, clear and will include working through the following.
- Situation - Where are we now?
- Objectives- Where do we want to be?
- Strategy - How do we want to get there?
- Tactics - How exactly do we get there?
- Action - What is our plan?
- Control - Did we get there?
- Measure - How can we improve and develop?